A leading international client in the Petroleum Sector is seeking an enthusiastic, results oriented, accurate and assertive Accountant for their Suriname location.
The Accountant role includes the recording and generation of accurate accounting information and reports for the Suriname market ensuring activities are done in accordance with company policies, internal controls, generally accepted accounting principles and local tax and other regulations.
- Support the Financial Controller and other relevant teams to assist with margin management, operational expenditure monitoring and timely reporting.
- Support Finance Team by: processing duly approved invoices/accruals and recurring monthly expenses for submission to centralized payment management.
- Review and validate key reports, prepared by the operations and marketing departments for uploading to the ERP system.
- Support Credit Team by: ensuring timely recording of customer payments and following up and resolving outstanding credit items.
- Review Expense reports monthly for accuracy of financial information.
- Assist the Financial Controller with annual financial audit.
- Prepare assigned audit schedules and source supporting documentation requested by auditors.
- Prepare the preliminary consolidation files and update appropriate reports for review and submission by the Financial Controller.
- Run the necessary reports and prepare the relevant entries for the end of month procedures for gross margin, other income, expense adjustments etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Accounting Designation such as ACCA would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products especially Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of a recognized accounting system
- Ability to use spreadsheet, graphs and other tools to extract, analyze and interpret accounting data
Skills & Competences
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience
- Be results oriented and a strong team player
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be proactive and possess ability to work with minimum supervision
- Fluent in Dutch and English
If interested, please email your application letter with Curriculum Vitae in English not later than March 23rd (with in the subject ‘Application Accountant’).