Vacature Commercial Manager
About DP World:
As the leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain, we operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of over 78 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has a long-lasting positive impact on economies and society.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivates long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines, importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovating we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
About the Americas Region:
DP World Americas Inc. operates 9 deep sea marine terminals within the Americas Region; Prince Rupert, Vancouver, Nanaimo, Saint John (Canada); Caucedo (Dominican Republic); Paramaribo (Suriname); Callao (Peru); Buenos Aires (Argentina); Santos, (Brazil) and Posorja, (Ecuador).
About the Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, the main purpose of this role is to:
- Maintain current business relationships & contracts.
- Identify and seek new business opportunities.
- Ensure customer’s interests in our operations, together with Customer Service.
- Maintain and foster positive relationships with customers whilst retaining a good understanding of their requirements/ expectations and contractual terms and conditions.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master degree in Marketing & Commercial management or equivalent.
- Full understanding of our competitive environment and awareness of industry development within the Suriname borders.
- Well informed of the worldwide network of DP World, and able to represent the company in regards to business opportunities.
- Understanding and ability to adapt to the cultural diversity in business protocols of foreign countries.
- Ability to speak and write Business English at a full professional proficiency level. Multilingualism is a strong asset.
- Self-reliant person with strong communication and interpersonal skills capable of taking initiative and making decisions under time constraints.
- Preferable in-depth knowledge of the global shipping/ logistic industry.
- Negotiate contracts with customers and develop ways to meet those requirements within the customer’s contractual commitments and our financial requirements.
- Build relationships with local and overseas- and potential customers.
- Work closely with the DP World Regional marketing group to ensure an understanding of corporate programs.
- Maintain marketing and communication tools.
- Maintain a matrix of competitive operations scope.
How to apply Interested applicants should possess demonstrated knowledge and experience in all required aspects of the Commercial Manager’s role. Send your CV included motivational letter and all relevant documents by email to us via Freelance Closing date: August 31, 2018